The simple recipes by By Chef Ghanshyam Das, and Chef Tirtho Tarun Adak (Ambuja Neotia) will tempt you to bring delicious and unique desserts to your table.
Ingredients : Refined flour, 900 gms, Custard Powder 100 gms, Bakers Yeast 30 gms, Sugar 100 gms ,Milk 100 ml, Eggs 5 nos, Oil for Frying, White chocolate 200 gms, Fancy Colourful Chocolate Strands 100 gms
- Break the eggs in bowl, keep aside.
- Take a planetary bowl add eggs, sugar, yeast and mix on a slow speed.
- Slowly add the Refined flour, custard powder and milk to form a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out into ½ inch thick sheet.
- Take a heart shape cutter and cut into desired shape.
- Keep in warm place, for the doughnuts to rise.
- Heat oil in kadhai, fry over medium heat till golden brown colour.
- Drain and cool.
- Melt chocolate and add desired colour.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip one side into coloured chocolate and keep in a tray.
- Immediately sprinkle the Fancy colourful chocolate strands and leave to dry.
- Once the chocolate is dried, it is ready to eat.
Ingredients : Softened Butter 110 gms, Castor Sugar 110 gms, Eggs-2 nos, Vanilla Essence ½ tsp, Flour -110 gms, Baking Powder- 2 gms
For the butter cream
- Softened Butter 75 gms
- Icing Sugar 150 gms
- Vanilla Essence ½ tsp
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Food Colour Optional
- Heat oven to 160C fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Using a whisk beat 110g softened butter and 110g caster sugar together until pale and fluffy then whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add ½ tsp vanilla, 110g flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool completely
- To make the butter cream, whisk 150g softened butter until super soft then add 300g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Then beat in 3 tbsp milk.
- If wanting to colour, stir in the food colouring now. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
De constructed strawberry mascarpone cheese cake
Ingredients : Fresh strawberry -2 pcs, Strawberry puree-50 gms, Readymade strawberry sticks-2 pcs for garnish, Mascarpone cheese-50 gms, Custard ( pre made and kept in cold temperature)-30 gms, Icicng sugar-as per requirments for sprinkling, Digestive biscuit hand crushed & mixed with melted butter
Method- in a chilled martini glass place fresh strawberry puree at the bottom.Then the first layer of biscuit crumb followed with whipped mascarpone cheese to be placed , then cold custard roughly broken and finally topped with fresh starwberry slices & icicng sugar .