Siddartha Tytler showcases his collection “Studio 54” at FDCI x Lakme Fashion Week’s joint phygital, seasonless fashion week, slated from March 16-21, 2021.
“Studio 54” is inspired by the iconic club of the same name where expression, dance, and fashion were about the individual. This season, he invented six characters to portray individual aspects of a human being known as the “Tytler Army”.
- David – David is gender fluid and loves his expression in fashion.
- Lucifer – Lucifer loves to turn towards the dark side of fashion and loves to experiment with goth and the emo movement in fashion.
- Mary – Mary is our plus-size girl who doesn’t give a damn about what the world thinks and we love her for it.
- Butterfly – Butterfly derived her inspiration from the Harajuku movement on the streets of Japan.
- Ming Lee – Ming Lee is very sexually expressive and takes no nonsense from anybody.
- Candy – Candy has a fabulous body and she loves to flaunt it yet is very coy in her approach.
The styles are a reflection of the 80s with tweaks of today. It’s fun, flirty but yet very bold and defines an individual as he/she wants. The silhouettes consist of structural corsets, bodycon dresses, peasant tops, co-ord sets, and tracksuits for her. For him, we have tracksuits, structured suits, bomber jackets, and printed tee shirts.
The color palette varies from mustard, blue, black, grey, teal, and whites. The surfacing this year involves a lot of sequins, crystals, and a new computer embroidery making a textile in the fabric itself of faces.