Memorialize World Chocolate Day with California Walnuts. Chef Sabyasachi Gorai brings to you Yummy luscious mouth-watering chocolate desserts that will win your hearts straightaway.
Chocolate With California Walnut Churros
2 cups of water
1-3/4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1/3 cup finely chopped California walnuts
2-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
4 cups olive oil
3 cups of milk
1 cinnamon stick
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Pour water into a medium saucepan with 1 teaspoon sugar, melted butter and salt; stir with a whisk. Bring to boil and add all the flour and chopped California walnuts.
2. Stir for about 2 minutes with a wooden spoon until a smooth paste forms. Remove from heat and form a dough. Allow churro dough to cool for 5-8 minutes.
3. While the dough is cooling, preheat oil in a large pan or electric skillet over medium heat (180°C).
4. Mix 2 cups of sugar with 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon in a wide bowl or pie pan. Set aside cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Once cooled, put the dough into a pastry bag with a star-shaped tip to form the churros. Pipe the dough out on a cookie sheet in pieces. Cut with scissors if needed.
6. Use a wooden skewer to poke through each piece vertically to allow for steam to escape during frying.
7. Place 4 to 5 churros in hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy for about 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally.
8. Drain on paper towels. Roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and serve with hot chocolate sauce.
1. In a medium saucepan, bring milk, cinnamon and brown sugar to a boil.
2. Remove from heat immediately. Cover and let it stand.
3. Add flour and cocoa into the milk pan and stir well.
4. Reheat over low heat for about 10-12 minutes to thicken slightly. Serve hot in cups or glasses with the churros.
Gluten-Free White Chocolate And California Walnut Bites With Blackberries
180g melted white chocolate
150g powdered California walnuts
30g California walnuts, halves
1 square mould of 22 cm
60g whipped cream
20g California walnuts
- Soak 30g California walnuts halves in cold water and let them hydrate well.
2. Heat the oven to 180°C.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture gets fluffy. Add melted white chocolate and powdered California walnuts, which will be “the flour” of the preparation.
4. In a mould greased with butter, pour the mixture and then add raisins, blueberries and hydrated California walnuts evenly, so that they don’t burn with the heat of the oven, but remain golden.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and let it cool.
6. Unmold, cut into pieces and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, blueberries, California walnuts and fresh mint.